Sunday, August 8, 2010

Our school plans this week for kindergarten... Getting back on the wagon

So I planned the week out, we are going to homeschool 4 days(Wesley's with his dad on Thursdays and Saturdays)For this week we are doing:
Monday and Wednesday
-Math U See-Exploded the Code
-Hooked on Handwriting
-Sidney Ledsons Blockgame
-Headsprout
-Super Star Speech
-Wink To Learn Speak and Read English(two lessons each day)
-Wink to Learn Animal Adventurer(3 animals a day)
-Letterland(Read about one letter character a day)
-Little Reader(one lesson a day)
-Glenn Doman Style flashcards

Tuesday and Friday
-Math U See
-Exploded the Code
-Hooked on Handwriting
-Sidney Ledsons Blockgame
-Reading Eggs
-Wink To Learn Speak and Read English(two lessons each day)
-Wink to Learn Animal Adventurer(3 animals a day)
-Letterland(Read about one letter character a day)
-Little Reader(one lesson a day)
-Glenn Doman Style flashcards

Super Star Speech: Speech Therapy Made SimpleLast week I sat down and did the speech assessment with Wesley from the Super Star Speech program. I was able to figure out some words he's mispronouncing letters, or dropping them all together. So this is exciting for me because now I can start using Debbie's program and iron out these little problems. The program comes with the assessment, the forms to come up with a plan, work lists and games to help the child practice their word list in a fun way. Be sure to check out Debbie's great programs here and he blog(here) which is full of information about speech issues and suggestions for parents who have children with speech issues. Deborah Lott is a speech pathologist and homeschooling mom of four. She has a M.Ed in speech pathology and an interest in sharing information about speech development and speech therapy for children on here blog. Keep checking in here on Doman,ABA, Dayhome and Homeschooling Momma for an upcoming giveaway of one of her great products. I'm sure excited she has allowed me to try and review her product.
Also be sure to check out my Monki See Monki Do giveaway here. This giveaway closes August 10th @11:59pm Central Time. I use this program with my daycare babies and they are loving it. I have to give a shout out to Krista, the creator of this program and thank her for offering my readers this great opportunity to win, and for sending me her product to review.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a solid plan in place which involves a lot of schooling. I hope that Wes enjoys his curriculum and improves his speech too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I email you question? I am a new homeschooling mom that works part time and need to balance my time. iliana@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete